TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Within the Quality Function of Toyota’s European Headquarter, our team is responsible to audit & improve the overall quality level for European vehicle projects (from concept until Start of Production).
- Analyse market trends and quality requirements by using various surveys & researches in Europe and develop European customer satisfaction improvement strategy. You are also responsible to plan & implement key priorities in new vehicles projects together with other related departments at Toyota and European Manufacturing Plants (EMC) . These priorities will be followed up during each stage of project.
- Develop quality requirements and key performance indicators for new vehicle projects and confirm them during each stage/milestone of the project.
- Audit vehicle/parts quality level by performing confirmation activities during development stage & during pre-production stage in our assembly plant.
- Improve overall quality of the new vehicles by:
- a) Reoccurrence prevention activities for current quality concerns
- b) Occurence prevention activities for new technologies, design, suppliers, …
- c) Customer satisfaction improvement activities.
- Standardise & improve current working methodologies.
Place of employment: Toyota Motor Europe, Belgium – European headquarters Brussels
- Master degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical, Industrial, Automotive …)
- With min. 2 – 3 years experience in the automotive industry (development, process, supply base, quality…)
- Good fact finding and analysis skills in order to draw conclusions from the gathered data and information
- Creative mind and passion for cars
- Practical, logical and with a hands-on approach
- Selfstarter, taking intitiative and with a strong proactive mindset
- Strong project management competences to manage very diverse tasks
- Stress resistance and good personal organization competences in order to prioritize and meet strict deadlines
- Strong communication and negotiation aptitude in an assertive but diplomatic way in order to reach consensus and get buy-in
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility and willing to travel: 30% across Europe and to Toyota Motor Corporation in Japan
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
- have strong planning and organizing skills
- enjoy working in a team in a very multicultural environment, respecting others
- have excellent communication skills.
Please apply online: