TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937. Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
We offer a dynamic and challenging multicultural work environment in which competence and quality play an important role. Enhancing personal growth and a real opportunity to invest in your future through on the job development and training. Where your effort, dedication and initiative are rewarded by a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Toyota Parts Centre Europe (TPCE) in Diest is the European distribution centre of Toyota for Toyota & Lexus parts and accessories. It distributes these parts and accessories to the European distributors and hubs but also directly to dealers in Belgium, Luxemburg, North of France, Holland.
At TPCE, imported auto parts and accessories are stored & prepared for shipment to distributors all over Europe, Eurasia, Russia & North Africa.
As a Supervisor, you will ensure optimal coordination. This means you will plan, coordinate and manage processes and people in your department. Approximately 30 warehouse workers will report to you. You will strive for a permanent increase of productivity without losing site of safety, quality, delivery & cost.
- As shift leader within your area you will take care of the translation of company objectives into ‘key performance indictors’ & smart targets. You will be the area driver making sure objectives are met.
- You will lead different teams & instruct 3 team leaders, acknowledge their role and support them where and when necessary.
- You will ensure daily planning of resources & materials and motivate the teams as key to success.
- You will analyse performance and initiate and follow up improvement processes in your area in order to increase security, quality and productivity and bring down cost.
- You will be the window person to other departments for projects & communication
- You will work in the night shift system and you will ensure smooth communication, information sharing & problem solving by application of visual floor management.
- You will report to the Area Operations Manager.
Place of employment: Toyota Parts Centre Europe (Diest)
- You have at least a higher degree and several years of experience in a management function, preferably in a warehouse environment.
- You are a people manager with strong management competencies.
- You are flexible and open minded.
- You have good MS Office skills and knowledge of Integrated Systems and AS 400 (mainframe).
- You have a ‘continuous improvement’ mindset and are a pro-active team player.
- Your mother tongue is Dutch but you also speak/write fluent English.
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
- wish to develop and you are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets.
- seek facts before making recommendations or decisions.
- have strong planning and organization skills
- enjoy working in a team, respecting others.
- have a creative mind and passion for cars.
- have excellent communication skills have excellent communication skills.
Please apply online: